Friday, April 15, 2011

Estate Sale Treasures

I posted some bad pics of all the treasures I scored at last week's estate sale shopping spree here on my blog and on my Facebook page. Well, I promised better pics, and they deserve them so here they are (there are a LOT of pics - happy scrolling):

Cute, right? I've been looking for one of these for awhile.


Look at all those vintage bottle caps! Have to figure out a way to use them (or rather narrow down all the choices...)


Vintage coffe cans - LOVE!


Don't know what these came from originally, but they are rust, crusty, and B-You-T-Full!

Will be using these for a frame or table top project.

Love, love, love! More table top/frame projects...

This sad little crate was thrown in to my purchase for free :) I've got plans for it.

Modern Sewing - will our grandchildren be laughing at our 'modern' stuff?


Vintage safety glasses - with real glass! :}

More beautiful tins

Grabbed this as soon as I saw it...filled with wood pieces, buried in the garage. It almost went into the dumpster - can you imagine?



I don't know why, but I just had to have these.

Cute!

I know, you're wondering 'whaaaaaa...??' I have a weakness for tools, and Paul's saw is getting a makeover in the future...

More weakness buys - miniatures. 

After some research, I thought this might be from the 30's, but after more research, it's most likely from the 50s. Still old and wonderful :)

I can visualize myself writing my best-selling novel on this! 

I don't know why...it's cool.


Aren't these just precious? These have been featured in this Etsy treasuries and this one.

And that's all for now. I have so many projects now that estate sale shopping is put on hold for the moment. Or until I need another fix :)

Go forth and rescue something old and lovely!

Linking this up here:




3 comments:

  1. I would totally fill old mason jars with those bottle caps. I have mason jars filled with all kinds of random things...bells, bottle caps...Stick a candle in the middle and use them to decorate a patio area.
    LOVE ESTATE SALES!!!!! I'm so glad you found me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. GAW - now why didn't I think of that? I was stuck on doing something with them individually. Patio area huh? I might be cooking something up in that area ;)

    Estate sales season is heating up here in Michigan - YAY!

    Glad you found me too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow, some great find! Thanks for following us, followed you back. I'm going to check out more on your blog.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave your thoughts! I appreciate each and every one of you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...